propriete.jpg

THE VINEYARD

"Going organic is a profound change. It is a commitment at all times, a new vision of nature"

HVE_dore.jpg

The Château La Peyruche takes its name from the limestone rocks on which its foundations are built: "La Peyre Ruche" or the rough stone in Gascon.
The site of La Peyruche has been occupied by humans since prehistoric times, as evidenced by some of the remains found on site (tools, axes, etc.).


If a part of the buildings date from the Middle Ages, an important renovation will be undertaken at the end of the XVIth century by Etienne DUNOYER, member of the parliament of Bordeaux.
His grandson married Marguerite Secondat de Montesquieu, aunt of the famous philosopher, who managed the estate during the second half of the 17th century.


Since 1883, the property has been passed down from family to family.
Formerly producing many commodities (fruits and vegetables, beef, wine...), the lands of Château La Peyruche are mainly dedicated to wine production, which represents a little less than half of the estate.

 

We also develop honey crops, pastures for livestock, orchards and vegetable gardens, as well as beehives to maintain and develop a rich biodiversity.


Our wines are expressive and authentic, produced and matured with respect for the terroir, the people and the environment.